Acne occurs because the oil glands of the skin are overactive. This, in turn, clogs the pores, which can lead to inflammation.
What’s behind all this?
When we hit our teens and enter puberty there is a surge of hormones in the body, which includes testosterone. Testosterone is the antagonist when it comes to acne, and will make us more vulnerable to getting pimples in our teens. Acne can also come from stress and from a variety of physical factors, including skin type. It also has to do with what you eat.
If you want to skip the side effects of pills and some of the stronger topical treatments, you should opt for a natural solution. Natural solutions have a great advantage over topical creams. While topical creams only provide temporary relief from acne and mask the underlying cause, natural solutions have the capacity to offer a cure.
The following 10 tips have no side effects and you should try them all together:
- Begin by making sure you consume enough water. Water has a cleansing effect on the body and flushes out impurities. Eight 8-ounce glasses per day are recommended.
- Green tea can also be helpful as it contains antioxidants that fight bacteria in your body.
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables. They will help freshen up your body.
- Since vitamin E is essential for skin health, make sure you take it as a supplement. Vitamin E allows your cells to communicate more effectively and prevents cell damage from free radicals.
- Understand that stress can be a major contributor to acne, meaning you can drive away acne by relaxing more. Try yoga, meditation, or simple mind-relaxation techniques.
- Before your daily shower or bath, apply a mixture of rose water, honey and tomato pulp on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Minimize heavy makeup. If you do apply it, be sure to use natural products. Clean your face completely before you go to bed.
- Speaking of your bed, change your pillowcase often.
- Try to keep your hair away from your pimples. You don’t want to get the oil from your hair on your face.
- Avoid squeezing or picking at pimples. This will worsen inflammation and can leave ugly scars that are hard to get rid of.